SG Cleanse is an Independent
Associate of Isagenix
+61 411 860 746

Believe it or Not, Cows Show Us the ‘Whey’ Forward to Fitness

Face it. These days a pitch for cows is akin to a “like” for a Facebook photo of the hole in our ozone, especially to the health-conscious among us.

From e coli, to lactose intolerance, to energy wasting grain production for feed, to cholesterol, to even their discharge of methane—cows have lost a lot of street cred since baby boomers’ parents stepped out to their front porch to open a box lid and grab a fresh gallon from the milkman’s morning delivery.

The fact is that these cud-chewing, genetically-dumbed-down creatures that kids used to love counting and identifying on long road trips through the country are better for us than we may think. At least their milk is.

Scientists at Isagenix know this. This is why they find ways to extract one of the most important proteins to muscle development that can be found from an animal, namely the much-besieged cow.

Cow’s milk actually contains two vital proteins: casein and whey. The latter is separated from the former as a by-product in the making of cheese. The latter is also separated as a protein supplement used widely throughout the Isagenix product line.

The extraction comes about through coagulation of milk. When milk sits over a period of time, it coagulates, eventually transforming into a 5 percent solution of lactose in water, packed with minerals. The leftover product, whey, consists of 20 percent of the protein in milk, whereas the other 80 percent is casein (the curds in your cottage cheese).

Containing all nine of the essential amino acids and low in lactose content, whey helps synthesize and promote the growth of lean tissue mass. This is why Isagenix includes extracted whey for its Energy & Performance Paks as well as its Weight Loss Paks. But Isagenix is picky, even about something as nourishing as whey. It selects whey only from grass-fed cows in New Zealand that are free of growth hormones and antibiotics.

There are actually three forms of whey:

A protein concentrate. This contains low levels of fat and carbohydrates (i.e., lactose). Its protein punch depends on its level of concentration. The scale ranges from 30 percent protein on the low end to 90 percent at the high mark.

Whey protein isolate. These are super-refined to remove all the fat and lactose from whey—in other words, the 90 percent variety of whey protein.

Whey protein hydrolysate. Considered to be the pre-digested form of whey protein, WPH requires less digestion than the other forms of whey. Undergoing partial hydrolysis already—necessary for the body to absorb proteins—WPH is commonly used in medical protein supplements and infant formulas because it is so easily digested. It also aids in reducing potential allergens.

Benefits of whey

There are scientifically researched benefits that likely come from whey proteins:

–Weight loss and preservation of body lean.

–It acts as an anti-carcinogen via an increase in glutathione concentrations that are thought to behave as anti-tumor mechanisms, especially in regard to urogenital cancers, according to case reports cited by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Resources.

–Significant reduction in total cholesterol, including what your doc always calls your “bad cholesterol”—the LDL variety.

–It is cited as a possible expeditor of the immune response in asthmatic children.

–The International Dairy Journal has found that beverages supplemented with whey protein significantly reduce blood pressure for those suffering from hypertension. The potential for heart disease and stroke is also lessened with whey protein.

The downsides of whey

There is some cautionary cognizance required when it comes to whey protein. Those allergic to milk in general may be specifically allergic to the whey if they drink milk or beverages with whey protein excessively.

An allergy to milk and whey can manifest itself in a variety of symptoms, ranging from cramps, to nausea, to appetite reduction, headaches and fatigue.

Whey’s specialty

The most redeeming aspect to whey protein is its promotional role in the development of lean tissue mass, the main reason Isagenix especially includes it in its performance products. However, a regimen of resistance exercise—gym workouts, for example—is a requisite to this manner of muscle development.

Males are especially benefitted from the one-two punch of resistance exercise and whey, especially whey isolate.

For more about the benefits of whey, visit the following resources on the web:

Real People, Real Results!

previous arrowprevious arrow
next arrownext arrow

Need More Info? Get a Reply Fast!

Phone Number
Information Required

Alternatively call me anytime on 0411 860 746

Today Inspiration

Belief in your business start with belief yourself
Co Founder Executive vice President